Deepika Padukone was born on January 5, 1986, in Copenhagen, Denmark, and is a model and a leading actress in Bollywood. Taking top honors in 2013, Deepika Padukone is the daughter of the legendary badminton player Prakash Padukone. So far all of her films have surpassed 100 crores. Before turning to act, the leggy beauty was a model for many brands. She rose to fame after appearing in an advertisement for the soap brand Liril in 2004. While still in the early stages of her career, she has walked the runway for many famous designers and done a few music videos. “Om Shanti Om,” directed by Farah Khan, was her debut Bollywood film in 2007. In addition to being nominated for many awards, her beauty and acting gained her much appreciation. Deepika has worked hard since 2012 to establish herself as one of the most prominent and leading ladies of Bollywood. In 2013 she was awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her performance in “Goliyon Ki Raas Leela Ram-Leela”.
She is considered one of the most beautiful and popular celebrities in India by the media. The petite Deepika is considered to be one of the fittest actresses in Bollywood due to her sexy curves. Her fitness has always been important to Deepika as she plays badminton from an early age, which requires her to remain in excellent condition at all times. How does she keep her enviable figure in such a demanding sport? Find out more about Deepika Padukone’s workout routine and diet plan.
Here, we will discuss how Deepika Padukone exercises and keeps herself in shape by incorporating different types of fitness routines into her daily routine. She also eats very healthily and posts information about her meals to her fans. We would see if she follows that routine and access her whole routine to learn how she maintains such a great body.
Deepika Padukone Body Statistics
- Birth Year: 1986
- Birth Date: 5 January
- Height: 174 cm; 5 ft 8 inch and 1.74 meters
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Breasts: 34 inches
- Waist: 26 inches
- Hips: 34 inches
- Body Measurement: 34-26-34
- Dress Size: 2 (US)
- Shoe Size: 9 (US)
Deepika Padukone Workout Routine
Whenever a movie like Padmavati is being made, every aspect of it — from the costumes to the decor– needs to be in keeping with the period they represent. In the same way, the actors who play the roles should reflect the same. For the movie, Deepika Padukone followed a tailored diet and exercise regime, proving just how dedicated one requires to be in order to match something as large and strong as the character of Queen Padmavati.
Deepika had actually designed a brand new workout regimen for Padmavati in consultation with a celebrity fitness trainer and Pilates expert, Yasmin Karachiwala.
“Earlier Deepika adopted functional weight training and plyometrics as she needed to look very fit and athletic for xXx: The Return of Xander Cage”, Yasmin describes. “Now we have shifted focus and she has been doing a lot of pilates. In fact, I have devised a new workout called 20-20-20 where she works out on three different machines for 20 minutes each, focusing on three different body parts.”
Deepika seems to have sweated it out constantly according to this commanded regimen.“Deepika has been training five times a week most of the time, but I have to admit she is very passionate about fitness like a true-blooded athlete and enjoys every bit of working out,” Yasmin described further.
“Deepika’s resolve and zeal towards perfection are beyond impressive. Unlike earlier, for this film Deepika has given me a lot of time to devise a workout plan and started off training before she even started shooting,” she continued.
As part of Deepika’s fitness routine, she does a variety of exercises. Her workout routine does not consist of only working out at the gym. Among the other things she does on the treadmill are the following:
Dance is an important part of her full-body workout since she is a passionate dancer. No matter what style she takes, dance is part of her daily routine. A few of the dance forms she practices regularly are Kathak, Bollywood, Jazz, and Bharatnatyam. She enjoys dancing because it is a healthy form of activity. Dancing lets you exercise while enjoying the music and moving your body. As a fitness exercise, it is not challenging, which means you can try it, as did Deepika.
- Yoga and Pilates
Pilates is Deepika’s favorite exercise. Her daily exercise is Pilates, a holistic form of exercise that improves posture, flexibility, and the mental as well as the physical strength of a person. Her other favorite form of exercise is yoga. Her daily yoga exercise routine includes:
- Surya Namaskar – 10 counts
- Marjarisana (cat pose)
- Virabhadrasana (warrior pose)
- Sarvangasana (shoulder stand)
As part of her yoga routine, she must settle with a round of meditation, which strengthens her mental strength, restores her awareness, and promotes her overall well-being. Deepika can be seen practicing yoga repeatedly in a variety of videos. Browse through some of these and get inspired to start your fitness routine as well.
- Walking and running
Running is the first thing Deepika does in the morning. Her morning routine begins with a walk, and then she goes for a run after her body is warmed up. Her workout normally lasts around 30 minutes, and sometimes even more. In Deepika’s opinion, walking and running are two of the easiest and most effective fitness exercises, and she encourages everyone to do them regularly. In fact, a lot of her fitness can be credited to regular walking and running. Now that you know what you need to do to start exercising regularly, you can start creating a fitness schedule.
Ms. Padukone is not a lot of a fan of the gym, unlike many other A-list Bollywood stars. This restricts her from regularly visiting the gym. In spite of this, she enjoys working out at the gym. While traveling, she always makes it a point to head to the gym every day. Her work schedule also allows her to work out at the gym. She prefers to exercise in the gym with the following exercises:
- Cardio workouts on the treadmill, cycling, and elliptical.
- Light to moderate weight training.
- Among the exercises she performs freehand with the help of her trainer are crunches, push-ups, pull-ups, squats, and planks.
- Stretching exercises are an important component of her workout plan.
In Deepika’s fitness program, she does a variety of exercises. Boredom affects her over time, so she does not like to follow one type of workout routine. For this reason, she mixes a variety of exercises and fitness routines to shed the flab, keep her ideal weight and, also, develop the strength and endurance she needs in order to go about her daily activities. Those who aren’t interested in going to the gym regularly can choose a fitness trainer from the Urban Company to come to their house.
These are five exercises she wears to strengthen her core and to maintain her overall fitness:
- The Plank – Exercises in this position are by far the best for strengthening your core because it engages every muscle in your core. The plank is performed by placing the forearms on the ground with the elbows beneath the shoulders and the arms parallel to the body at about shoulder-width distance. Holding the palms together when you feel discomfort in your wrists may help.
- Mountain climbers – Abdominal muscles will be engaged during this move. Get into a push-up position and alternate bringing your knees toward your chest while performing mountain climbers. Be sure to maintain good form while performing this exercise.
- Sit-ups – Known as one of the most popular moves, this exercise targets your abs. Lying on your back, with your knees bent, as close to your gluteus maximus as possible, will help you achieve this goal. As you do so, use your abs to pull your torso up toward your knees and then lower your body back down. Throughout this movement, ensure that your back stays straight.
- Bicycle crunches – The difference between this and a regular crunch is that here you alternate bringing your knees toward your chest and bringing your elbows towards your knees using your abs.
- Tuck jumps – Tuck jumps are performed by jumping with both feet together as high as possible, making your knees touch each other. In this move, your lower core and upper-lower body are involved, which makes it a great exercise for strengthening your core.
The importance of rest is another thing Deepika insists upon. Her busy schedule means that she sleeps as long as feasible at night. Additionally, she stresses the need for proper warm-up and cool-down exercises before and after training. The muscles need to be rested, ready, and recovered properly before any exercise regime can be effective. Hence, when you are pursuing a fitness regimen, ensure you get enough sleep, otherwise, you will not be able to get the body frame Deepika has.
Understand your body type
There are different types of bodies for different people. Therefore, it’s a good idea to start from a reasonable point and steadily rise. Begin by getting rid of your extra flab and then follow a fitness schedule like Deepika’s. As a result, this will bring you the desired results in a systematic fashion and will help you to maintain your weight in the future. Moreover, you need to consider your food and nutritional needs and not simply follow celebrity diet plans blindly.
It would be highly advisable for you to solicit the advice of a professional dietician in this aspect. A dietician will prepare you an effective diet chart based on an analysis of your health. With the advice of a dietician, you can prescribe yourself a flexible diet that you can include in your fitness routine. After you have reached your fitness goals and feel like you are ready to try the actress’s diet and fitness routine, go ahead and try it out.
That was all about what Deepika Padukone does in her day-to-day agenda. She can be quite flexible with her schedule because of her career demands. She needs to be flexible about her work schedule since she travels a lot. From what we can see, it seems she is quite dedicated to her program. Her commitment to her schedule helps her keep fit and keep her body looking good.
Deepika Padukone Workout Tips and Tricks
As for Deepika Padukone, she didn’t just get these long, lean legs and washboard abs overnight. It took her a long time to achieve them. Pilates is her favorite fitness activity, and it is no mystery that she loves working out with Yasmin Karachiwala. Would you believe that she also incorporates functional training into her workout routine? When it comes to her fitness sessions, she doesn’t allow herself any cheat days. “I wake up feeling disfigured and swollen, and that doesn’t go away until I’ve had my workout,” in an interview with Vogue India, Padukone shared her thoughts. In this article, she shares fitness lessons you can acquire from her.
Introduce Pilates to your everyday routine
Pilates is important for Padukone. The lengthening and strengthening aspects of Pilates have always been a big draw for her. “Deepika enjoys working out and I am always telling her that she has the perfect Pilates body. She executes each exercise with perfect form whether it’s the most basic one or a challenging exercise,” revealed Padukone’s trainer, Yasmin Karachiwala. “We try and do a different machine and different workout each time whether it is Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, Core Align, MOTR, Bodhi or Mat. Deepika’s favorite machine is the reformer.”
Follow your workout routine with a diet plan that works for you
As for Padukone’s diet plan, she doesn’t impose strict restrictions on foods. When it comes to her diet, she doesn’t skip on things she loves eating, and she makes intelligent decisions about what she eats. “While she doesn’t stop herself from eating anything she makes sure she eats just the right amount to fill her stomach,” shares Karachiwala. It is important for her to eat every couple of hours. A Deepika diet rule: Never eat with your eyes, don’t overeat and don’t eat to the point of being stuffed.
Be open to new challenges
Being an athlete, Padukone embodies fitness in her workout philosophy (being an athlete herself). “For her, it’s not just about working out to suit a role but to maintain a healthy lifestyle. She is always eager to try out new and different things,” shares Karachiwala. Keeping the workouts interesting and keeping an open mind are the best ways to prevent Padukone from getting bored in the gym, says certified personal trainer Nam-Wook Kang. “There is no routine as the workout will depend on the period of the program. Nonetheless, we can say that we start with a light run for warm-up, followed by a high-intensity workout. And we finish with some stretching, which she enjoys,” he continues. Furthermore, French artists play house music while kickboxing takes place.
Consistency is key
Whenever Padukone is in Mumbai, her fitness regimen consists of Pilates and functional training. “But my regime also depends on where I am, how much time I have to work out and whether I’m training for something specific. But I do make sure to pack in some form of exercise even when I’m traveling or pressed for time—even if it’s just a 10-minute walk on a treadmill and some stretching,” she shared the information in an interview with Vogue India. The actor does not compensate for full-blown workouts with this, but it does help with blood circulation, which makes her feel lively.
Add strength training to your workout routine
Similarly, she loves desserts, suggesting that “an entire chocolate dense loaf!“ is her guilty pleasure, so she must sweat out that indulgence. In some studies, strength training has been shown to help you burn a lot of calories, boost your metabolism, and reduce anxiety. Padukone is also one of the few people who has been qualified in the martial art of jujutsu.
Here are a few more:
- Throughout Deepika’s fitness journey, she has followed her mantra “Make fitness your way of life”.
- Consume healthy foods that are nutrient-rich.
- Fitness is not about being thin or slim. It’s about being healthy from the inside out.
- In order to keep fit and healthy, one should incorporate a workout regime into their daily routine.
- If one wants to stay fit and healthy, they should not only focus on diet and exercise; they should include some sports in their workout routine as well.
- Even if you do not go to the gym, you can lose extra calories by dancing.
- The secret to the amazing fitness of a svelte woman is to consume plenty of water, eat a balanced diet, and get adequate sleep.
- DP’s fitness motto is “Make fitness your way of life.” Understand and implement this mantra into your daily life.
- Being fit does not mean you have to be thin or skinny. It means you have to be healthy inside and out. Maintaining a well-balanced diet and following a workout program will help you achieve this goal.
- Your fitness regimen should incorporate elements of sports. Keeping things interesting will help you break the monotony of working out and also make it more fun.
- Taking a dance class helps you burn calories after missing the gym.
- Take a relaxing run when you’re tired from work or your travel schedule is busy. This will also help you stay in shape.
- Decide what type of workout best suits your body type and focus on perfecting it.
- Get adequate sleep, eat a healthy diet, and drink plenty of water to maintain a healthy body.
- Mental fitness is another area DP is passionate about. Due to her own experience with depression, she has become an advocate for the cause and even founded the Live Love Laugh foundation for those suffering from similar problems. It’s just as important to take care of your mental health as well as your physical health.
- She places a lot of emphasis on strengthening and building core muscles since they are critical in strengthening the rest of the body.
- Hence, she incorporates yoga and meditation into her daily routine in order to increase flexibility and mindfulness.
Those are all the tricks and tips Deepika uses to get the most out of her workout schedules. Her hectic schedule makes it challenging for her to keep up with these tips and so she relies on them. We could learn about some of the diet plans that energize her in the next section.
Deepika Padukone Diet Plan
Deepika has never shied away from promoting healthy eating. Diet plans and diets that aim to promptly lose weight through insufficient food intake are strongly discouraged by her. She believes that an ideal diet plan should be completely balanced. The following is the details about how she follows her regular diet plan:
- Every morning, Deepika has a glass of water with some lime juice or fenugreek seeds in it.
- She likes to start her day with a glass of skimmed milk and two egg whites for breakfast.
- Her lunch platter consists of grilled fish and mixed vegetables.
- During dinner, Deepika stays away from non-vegetarian food. For her supper, she makes homemade chapatis and vegetables from scratch.
- When Deepika is hungry, she usually eats low-fat south Indian snacks like upma and idli, as well as fresh sambar.
- Her daily routine involves drinking water constantly. It is her firm belief that everyone should drink more water every day. Drinks such as coconut water, fresh fruit juices, and smoothies are frequently seen on her person.
- Fresh fruits are her favorite snack between meals. Throughout the day, she enjoys many servings of fresh fruits that are great for her skin. It helps her maintain a healthy detoxification process and supplies her with the right level of energy and nutrition.
- Every meal must be consumed at the appropriate time according to her schedule.
- The women don’t eat carbs, especially rice, after 7 in the evening.
- Deepika eats only homemade food and avoids eating food served on set, as well as any other food outside the home. Her chef prepares her food at home and gets it delivered to her wherever she is shooting hot and fresh. By doing so, she can avoid unnecessary fats, oils, salt, and sugar-loaded foods nearby.
When it comes to her diet, Deepika is not overly strict. Sometimes she cheats on her diet, even though she sticks to it most of the time. Among her favorite things to do is to eat street foods such as vada paos and sev puris. In order to keep her fitness journey on track, she feels she requires to satisfy her cravings from time to time. Her good metabolism rate and body structure are attributed to her genes, however.
Deepika Padukone’s ‘Pitta Personality’
Deepika Padukone, according to her nutritionist, had a “pitta” personality because of her job, which required her to travel extensively, eat irregularly, and work outdoors for a long period of time.
Signs Of A Pitta Personality
- Have a difficult time sleeping/ relaxing
- Development of gastritis, stomach ulcers
- Skin problems like acne, eczema
- Liver infections
The fifth element is fire, which is one of the 5 elements of nature – water, earth, fire, ether, and air. Taking into consideration Deepika’s pitta personality, the nutritionist crafted a diet plan tailored for her. Let’s learn more about it in the following portion.
- Wake up with a glass of warm water
- Low-fat milk
- Two egg whites
- Fresh vegetables
- Grilled fish
- Filter coffee
- Nuts and dry fruits
- Fresh green salads
- Seasonal fruits
- Coconut water
- Fresh fruit juice
- Dark chocolate
In regards to the workout regime and diet that went so well for Deepika, Yasmin says that is because she knows her body so well. “She knows the trick of staying in great shape–know what food patterns work for you and eat smart,” declares Yasmin. “She knows how to balance it out–if she’s indulgent one day, she goes light the next day and practices moderation. I have never seen her starve but she’s always eating right.”
The diet that Deepika Padukone follows was all described above. There is no doubt that Deepika Padukone follows a healthy diet plan that consists of essential nutrients and macronutrients. Her commitment to following these foods is unwavering. Furthermore, she also adheres to some tips she swears by!
Deepika Padukone Diet Tips
Deepika is very particular about eating healthy and makes sure it is as balanced as possible. For that purpose, she often incorporated tips in her chart so that sticking to her diet would become even easier. Enumerated below are some tips she adheres to-
- Eating with your eyes is a bad idea. Don’t eat more than is necessary, not more than you will be able to digest.
- Try not to starve yourself or follow fad diets.
- Make sure you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- From time to time, give yourself a treat.
- Eat healthy food instead of junk!
- Rather than eating three large meals, eat several small meals during the day.
- Avoid nonvegetarian foods after midnight and eat at a reasonable time.
- Foods that are fresh, healthy and nutrient-rich should be consumed
- Fitness is not just about looking or feeling good, but about eating healthy and feeling good from the inside out as well.
- Make sure you are always hydrated.
- Make sure you consume as little alcohol as possible. In other words, it’s how calories creep into your body and find a home on your waistline.
- Reduce your meals instead- this will cause you to lose your natural glow, the luster of your hair, and your stamina. Eating small portions frequently will benefit you.
- If you are headed to a party, eat boiled eggs as well as vegetable raita with tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots before you arrive. As well as providing a lining for your stomach for your drinks, the eggs will provide you with protein, which will keep you from consuming excessive amounts of sugar before bed.
- Between meals, snack on fillers such as cucumbers, carrots, and hummus. You can also keep some khakhra or channa on hand.
- There should be a balance of nutrients in your diet, including sixty-five to sixty-five percent carbohydrates, twenty-five to twenty-five percent proteins, and five to ten percent fat.