Born on 14th April 1990, Juan Francisco Estrada Romero is an expert Mexican professional boxer. He took The Ring super flyweight title in 2019 and a two-weight world champion. He also earned the WBA (Super) title in March 2021. Earlier, he held the WBA (Unified) and WBO flyweight medals between 2012 and 2015 and also got the WBC super flyweight title in March 2021. In 2012, he once claimed the WBA light flyweight title. Estrada was declared the world’s ninth-best active boxer in January 2021 by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (TBRB). The Ring ranked him eighth. More than that, he is proclaimed as the world’s best active super flyweight by The Ring and the TBR Band BoxRec.
Estrada was fostered by his aunt as he lost his parents at the mere age of 7. He selected boxing at the age of 9. Estrada moved from his indigenous Puerto Peñasco to Hermosillo to converge on his boxing occupation at the age of 15. Estrada amassed a 94–4 record as an aspirant.
Juan Francisco Estrada Statistics
- Birth Year: 1990
- Birth Date: April 14
- Height: 5 ft 4 in (163 cm)
- Reach: 66 in (168 cm)
Juan Francisco Estrada Awards and Achievements
- Total Fights: 45
- Wins: 42
- Wins by KO: 28
- Losses: 3
Juan Francisco Estrada Workout Routine
Juan Francisco Estrada stands among the most reliable super flyweights of the current boxing period. The WBC super-flyweight king is likewise one of the best hardworking competitors throughout. Over the passage of his extended profession, Estrada has constantly shown his powerful self to undertake his antagonists.
He has made a statement every single time he has stepped into the ring and has always proven to be a better person than before. To stay at his game, Juan Francisco Estrada has to make himself work throughout the grueling training period by spending countless hours and says in the gym to shape tat strong mental and physical shape that would make him reach the top of his game.
Before he begins his workout, Juan Francisco Estrada starts by using a skipping rope so that he could warm up. He also works by practicing his shadow boxing skills so that he could readily make his movements and speed work. Juan Francisco Estrada makes sure to keep moving through the rink and keeps his movement drills always on point. He deals likes to include some of his pad work alongside other sessions. To work on his other knockout strength, Juan Francisco Estrada also loves to work on his strength and muscles.
Juan Francisco Estrada does weight training procedures to keep his 115-pound body in shape. His workouts include a combination of various moves like conditioning, pad-work, and movement drills, and weight training. Juan Francisco Estrada provides a huge work ethic and would never fail to hit the maximum level that exceeds his workout every single time. It is exactly why he is such a successful powerlifter.
Juan Francisco Estrada has an eye-catchy track history of 41 wins and just 3 losses. He represents a winner intellect and never lets his adversaries get past him.
Regarding his age and pro-active run in the super-flyweight selection, ‘Gallo’ still has a huge profession prevaricating before of him. Leveraging on the very thing that he does, he can follow the pathway to be the final authority at 115 pounds. Nevertheless, he yet has numerous rebounding competitors in-line and requires to get behind them first.
Although Juan Francisco Estrada has not shared much about his everyday routine and he often changes his schedule, here is a sample workout plan for what Juan Francisco Estrada might do in the week.
Juan Francisco Estrada Chest and Bicep Workout
Reps: 8 to 15
Rest time: one minute
- Bench press
- Incline bench dumbbell press
- Flat bench dumbbell flyes
- Chest press machine
- Cable crossovers
- Dumbbell isolation curls
- Barbell curls
- Hammer curls
- Cable curls
- Preacher curls
Juan Francisco Estrada Back and Tricep Workout
Reps: 8 to 15
Rest time: one minute
- Lat pulldown
- Back lat pushdowns
- One-Arm dumbbell rows
- Cable rows
- Bent over row
- Overhead press
- Skull crusher
- Close grip bench press
Juan Francisco Estrada Shoulder and Traps Workout
Reps: 8 to 15
Rest time: one minute
- Military press
- Arnold dumbbell press
- Shoulder press machine
- Cable side Lateral raises
- Front raises
- Upright rows
- Rear delt flyes
- Delt flyes machine
Juan Francisco Estrada Legs Workout
Reps: 8 to 15
Rest time: one minute
- Front squats
- Leg extension
- Leg press
- Leg curls
- Stiff leg deadlift
- Calf raises
Juan Francisco Estrada Core Workout ( train at least three times a week )
Reps: 15 to 20
Rest time: one minute
- Decline Bench weighted crunches
- Mountain climbers
- Hanging leg raises
- Side hanging leg raises
- Toes to bar
- Bicycle crunches
The Juan Francisco Estrada Week Split:
Monday: Chest and Tricep: Bench Focus
- Barbell Bench Press: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Incline Bench Press: 30 sec 12 reps 4 set
- Machine Fly: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
- Kettlebell Alternating floor Press: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Standing Triceps: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
- Cable One Arm Tricep Extension: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
- Dips: 130 sec 1 rep 4 sets
Tuesday: Back and Bicep- Hypertrophy Focus
- Pull-Ups: 30 sec 1 reps 4 sets
- Cable Rope Lt Pull Down: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Dumbbell One Arm Row: 30 sec 12 reps 4 set
- Barbell Bent-Over Two-Arm Row: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Alternate Bicep Curls: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
- Preacher Curl Machine: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
- EZ Bar Reverse Grip Preacher Curl: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
Wednesday: Legs- Squat Focus
- Barbell Squat: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Lunges: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Barbell Wide Stance Stiff Leg Deadlift: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Hamstring Curl: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Leg Extension: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Seated Calf Raise: 30 sec 20 reps 6 sets
Thursday: Shoulder and Arms- Hypertrophy Focus
- Barbell shoulder press: 30 sec 10 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Arnold Press: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Dumbells Shoulder Press: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Lateral Raise: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Cable Front Raise: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
- Cable Rope Facepull: 30 sec 20 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Shoulder Shrug: 30 sec 20 reps 4 sets
- Barbell Curl: 30 sec 15 reps 6 sets
- Barbell Close Grip Bench Press: 30 sec 15 reps 6 sets
Friday: Back and Chest- Dead Lift Focus
- Barbell Deadlift: 30 sec 12 reps 4 set
- Cable Row to Neck: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Pull-Ups: 30 sec 1 rep 4 sets
- Dumbell Bench Press: 30 sec 10 reps 4 sets
- Barbell Incline Bench Press: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Dumbell Inclined Fly: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
Saturday: Legs- Hypertrophy Focus
- Barbell Front Squat: 30 sec 10 reps 4 sets
- Barbell Jefferson Squat: 30 sec 15 reps 4 sets
- Leg Extension: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Leg Extension with One leg: 30 sec 10 reps 4 sets
- Barbell Hip Thrust 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Leg Press Machine with One leg: 30 sec 12 reps 4 sets
- Seated Calves Raise: 30 sec 15 reps 6 sets
That was all bout the workout routine of Juan Francisco Estrada. The followings section talks of some of the workout tips that he gives to his fans and following to ensure that they are giving their best during a workout routine.
Juan Francisco Estrada Workout Tips
- Do not focus on a particular muscle for too long because then your muscles will get used to it. You can start with the kind of weights that are easily manageable.
- Make sure to warm up properly before you begin your workout. Aim for a full-body warm-up as well as the particular part of the body that you are working on that day.
- Your goals must be attainable and not something impossible to attain. Focus on eating cleans and lifting heavy.
- Juan Francisco Estrada says that many people think that there are two kinds of workout: strength training and cardio. However, they need to understand that these workout types must be combined for a better result. It will not only make the routine more effective for you but it will also break the monotony. You can try and jump rope for 15 to 20 minutes after your weight training or can go out for a run.
- Machines are great when you are working out, however, relying too much on them can result in negative impacts. You can thus try to skip them and start lifting weights instead which will help you make a better workout for yourself. This is because using the support of the machine would not be better than lifting weights on your own. It will help you achieve the goals better.
- Breaks between a set or exercise must be perfect, which means, it shouldn’t either be too little or too much. So all you need to do is watch the watch. Taking breaks and the kind of breaks depending on what your workout you are doing. The right kind of break would be anywhere between 1 to 5 minutes.
- If you want to switch from one workout to another, make sure you do not take a break and shift effortlessly. It is a great way to have a time-efficient workout and add cardio to your routine. Make sure you are doing different exercises that will focus on different muscle groups each time. This will help you with feeling too fatigued too.
- You might be a little shocked to hear this one but it is not what you think. You might not want to fail but it might just help you achieve something better. Although you probably think that you don’t want to fail, research suggests that aiming to fail can help you more than it can hurt you. The reason for this is because it can make your muscles bigger since failing means your muscles are too tired to do another workout while keeping the proper form.
- Keeping track of whatever you are doing is a great way to improve. So you can download an app or can simply keep a journal where you can write your daily progress. It will help you want to do better next time you work out and achieve your goals.
- Having a friend or a family member to work out with is a great way to not only have fun and spend quality time but also hold you responsible when working out. Having fun is directly proportional to wanting to work out even more.
Those were all the workout tips that Juan Francisco Estrada gives to his fans and following. Below are some of the foods and nutrition patterns that Juan Francisco Estrada follows throughout the week to support his muscles and his workout routine.
Juan Francoiso Estrada Diet Plan
Juan Francisco Estrada does not have any particular diet plan that he follows through the week. However, he makes sure to have certain items included in his diet which he excludes any kind of junk food or processed food that would harm his health and would make his training come to a zero. Thus he makes sure to eat organic and fresh food which are whole and without any preservative. He tries to eat as much homemade and local as he can so that it could affect his health in a very positive way.
Here is a sample meal plan of what Juan Francisco Estrada would eat in his whole week:
Juan Francisco Estrada Plan Overview
- Meal 1: Healthy Carb
- Meal 2: Low on carbs
- Meal 3: Low on carbs
- Meal 4: (Post-Workout Nutrition)
- Meal 5: Protein + Carbs
A Sample Juan Francisco Estrada Diet Meal Plan
Juan Francisco Estrada MEAL 1: Whole-grain cereal with nuts
- Whole-grain cereal
- Glass of milk
- Topped with raisins and nuts
Juan Francisco Estrada MEAL 2: Chocolate/Cacao Green Smoothie
- 3 tablespoon chocolate protein powder or cacao powder
- 2 frozen bananas
- Bunch of Kale
- Handful Dates & Almond soaked overnight.
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2–3 cups of water
Juan Francisco Estrada MEAL 3: Lettuce Satay Tofu Burger
- 1 shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 200 g Organic grilled Tofu with Satay/226 g chicken breast
- 2 slices tomato
- Pan-fried onion slices
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 slice of swiss cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas
Juan Francisco Estrada MEAL 4: Post Workout Nutrition
A post-workout meal would essentially be a mixture of protein and carbs. Proteins are necessary to develop muscles especially after a huge workout or a match while carbs are necessary to refuel the body after a difficult training session at the gym. Both these macros would help him have sufficient energy to be stronger and more able in his routine.
Juan Francisco Estrada MEAL 5: Grilled Tempeh with Spinach, Capsicum & Brown Rice
- 170 g Tempeh / 200 g scallops/ 150 g Roasted Tofu/ Chickpeas
- ¼ cup of brown rice
- 4 cups spinach
- ¼ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 cup roasted Capsicum
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
This sample meal plan would help Juan Francisco Estrada to have sufficient calories for the day that would help him get all the benefit that is needed for the lifestyle that he has and for the fights that he comes across. In any case, if you wish to follow the Juan Francisco Estrada diet plan and are vegetarian or vegan, you can make some swaps that are easily available and can give the same amount of nutrient benefits as the meat itself. Besides, many supplements are present in the industry which would complement a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. However, you must track the macros and micros.
Pre & post-workout nutrition-
You must feed your body with a great variety of protein and carbs for the most desirable sort of healing procedure that would help him perform his best.
What to Eat
Here is a list of some foods that Juan Francisco Estrada makes sure to include in his daily diet routine no matter what.
- Pressed fruit juice
- Whole grains
- Everything in moderation
What to Avoid
Here is a list of some foods which Juan Francisco Estrada makes sure he avoids because he is very careful about what goes inside the body and also because he wants to have the best performance when he is in the ring!
- Refined sugar
- Processed foods
- Junk food
- Artificial ingredients
- Chemical additives
Juan Francoiso Estrada Diet Tips
Eating clean is the most important thing that one can do to help one body grow and look awesome. Juan Francisco Estrada posts a lot about his physique which is due to these tips that he also shares with his fan. He writes continuously on his blog and shares these tips to eat clean without driving yourself insane.
1. Eat the majority of your meals at home
Juan Francisco Estrada says that one can not estimate what has gone into the food that has been cooked out for you from the restaurant. Besides they do add many preservatives or chemicals to enhance the flavors. At a restaurant, you can take an approximate guess on how many grams of fat are in a chicken parm (hint: a lot) or how much sugar is in their passion fruit sorbet (again: a lot), but there’s no way to know for sure what you’re getting. The easiest way around this conundrum is to eat and prepare your meals at home, as often as possible.
However, at home, you can keep a tab on what goes on to your plate. At home, you have measuring cups and fitness trackers at your disposal to guide your food choices. The difference between 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and three tablespoons of EVOO is negligible for a chef in a kitchen, but it is easy to monitor when you are the one in front of the stovetop.
2. Eat your greens!
Juan Francisco Estrada focuses a lot on eating vegetables and fruits to replenish your body with nutrients and minerals that have been lost when you were working out. Your parents were right. A good night’s sleep is important, you should brush your teeth at least twice daily, and you absolutely have to eat your vegetables to stay healthy.
He also asks the people to at least try different kinds of vegetables made in a different style if they have an aversion to vegetables in the first place. Some of us never quite got that vegetable lesson down during childhood and have carried that aversion into adulthood. If you find yourself reluctant to get down with veggies, then odds are you have not explored all of the options available to you in the produce aisle.
Broccoli and ever-trendy kale are great sources of dietary fiber that can give you the digestive aid necessary to take in copious amounts of protein. If you can’t withstand a salad, sauté or steam your vegetables to cook out the water to reduce the size of your side dish. Vegetable-heavy shakes are also a great way to get in your greens and can be made with a base of frozen spinach.
Juan Francisco Estrada says that there are many methods that you can use to add vegetables to your diet. You can even add some vegetables to your smoothies which will help you compensate for your nutritional intake. He also wants people to have organic products so that they can help you achieve the results in a better way.
If you find yourself crunched for time – or with a lack of desire to eat more vegetables––you’d be well served to stock up on our Strong Greens Superfood. Clean eating is easy when you can scoop organic wheatgrass, beet juice, turmeric, chlorella, and other time-tested superfoods into your water, juice, or smoothie.
3. Think out of the box
Juan Francisco Estrada also stresses that packaged food and whatever you take away from the restaurants come with a lot of additives and preservatives which are not good for health. So if you are going to the grocery shop, make sure to read your labels. You need to look out for nutritional value if you want to eat clean. You must choose whole foods instead of anything else that might be wrapped in plastic.
There are pretty great options that you can choose from for different sources of macronutrients. For instance, nits can be used as a great energy source which is not only healthy but also convenient. It also provides a good kind of fat which is necessary for health. However, do not opt for roasted nuts or the ones that are fried or filled with sodium, sugar, and other kinds of chemicals.
4. Go for a healthy snack option
Juan Francisco Estrada also tells about the importance of snacking and making better food choices. He thinks that many people are afraid of snacking because it will make them gain weight. It is true if you are snacking wrong but with following the right approach, you will definitely benefit from it.
Snacking is at the root of many poor food choices, but it doesn’t have to be that way. In fact, snacking can help you make wise food choices for your main meals. If you’re ravenously hungry around dinner time, you’ll be more likely to head for the nearest burger joint or pizza place nearby, which could completely derail your diet.
He continues to give his fans great protein sources and options for snacking. Those aforementioned nuts (sans the sugar and salt) are a great snack to keep on hand in between meals. Beef jerky can also be a quick and easy source of protein, though we recommend checking the nutritional label first as some commercial varieties can be coated in corn syrup.
For him, whey protein is the best choice because it provides you with a good kind of protein that is not heavy on the stomach.
If you want to take the guesswork out of your snack entirely, you can fix a quick protein shake using our great-tasting whey protein powders, which use a balanced blend of whey concentrate and isolate to give you both quick and sustained supplementation. Protein shakes are a gym-goer’s staple for obvious reasons: they allow for clean eating any time of day, no matter where you are.
5. Check for extra sugar
Many people believed that it was fat that is bad for you but in fact, fats are great for your body. The causes of being obese and overweight are the fact that you are consuming the wrong kinds of food. Consuming foods or snacks that are high in sodium or sugar are bad for health and contribute to weight gain. Thus, one must consume fats in the form of olive oil, avocado, and nuts while restraining on sugar.
Sugar is an empty calorie. It means that it has no nutritional value. He explains this by saying,
Sugar is very calorically dense, which means that you can bust your diet quicker than you’d expect by reaching for a dessert or soft drink. Some diets call for you to limit carbs and some call for you to limit fat, but both groups play an important role in your shape, recovery, and overall gains. Excess sugar, meanwhile, will do little to help you in the gym.
6. See that nutrition label
Juan Francisco Estrada gives a lot of importance to the nutritional labels. He says that knowing your labels is extremely important. The nutrition label is not decorative. It is vitally important to know exactly what you are putting into your body before you chow down.
Although calories are important for your fitness goal it is not the end-all of everything. Some dieters choose to pay attention to only the caloric content of food, but that only tells a fraction of the story. If you’re serious about your fitness, you’ll want to gain a full understanding of the macros that make up your meal and not just the calorie count. That way, you know exactly what you’re putting into your body every time.
7. Set the Principles Into Use
Juan Francisco Estrada also suggests that one must also put all these principles into practice. Clean eating is extremely important for health and fitness. Little things matter a lot. In his words,
Now you know how to eat clean, you must set yourself up for success. Clean eating rarely happens on the fly, so be sure to make a comprehensive list of what you need from the grocery store before you go. If you’re not already well-stocked in the kitchen, pick up the basic tools you’ll need for meal prep such as a healthy cooking oil and a quality skillet.
Making plans is a great technique because although you can manage your food at home, you won’t always be in charge of what goes into your plate when you’re put or while traveling. Thus, you need to be smart bout what you eat. He explains,
It’s unlikely that you’ll eat all of your meals at home, but you can stick to the plan when eating out by making common-sense food choices. On a low-carb diet, opt for a lettuce wrap instead of buns on your burger. And, on a low-fat diet, sub out that creamy salad dressing for a simple vinaigrette.
Juan Francoiso Estrada Supplements
Besides having a good diet, there are some supplements that Juan Francisco Estrada likes to have in his diet so that he could complete his nutrition intake for better performance. He calculates his macros so that he does not lag in any nutrition.
- OMEGA 3S
Although Juan Francisco Estrada eats fish as he is a pescatarian, he does not eat it too often and so, he gets his omega 3 from his supplements. Omega 3 is great for a healthy heart and brain function. A vegan version of omega 3 is also available which is made out of algae.
- ZINC AND VITAMIN K2
For those who are developing essentially a plant-based diet, or are either vegan or vegetarian like Juan Francisco Estrada himself, they must think of having other vitamins in supplement form. These incorporate zinc and vitamin K2 because these conditions can not be fulfilled by eating a plant-based diet alone.
Another excellent vitamin that is very necessary for us is iron. Iron is located in plants such as leafy greens like spinach but the body does not really grasp it quickly from such products. Women, particularly, must take care of their iron levels and should make sure they’re getting enough iron to helo beat fatigue and anemia.
- VITAMIN B12
Although Juan Francisco Estrada does not eat supplements too frequently and needs to stay away from it, nevertheless, he must take Vitamin B12 as he sometimes follows a vegan diet and vitamin B12 can be pretty hard to obtain from a plant-based diet.
- CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D
Calcium and Vitamin D must be had by people who do not consume any meat or dairy products. Thus Juan Francisco Estrada makes it a routine to have some calcium and vitamin D for his bone health.