Kawhi Anthony Leonard who is born June 29, 1991, is an American trained basketball professional for the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He performed two seasons of college basketball for the San Diego State Aztecs and was also given the title of a consensus second-team All-American as a student. Leonard decided to abandon his last two seasons at San Diego State to get through the 2011 NBA draft. He was chosen by the Indiana Pacers with the 15th overall selection before being swapped to the San Antonio Spurs on the night of the draft.
With the Spurs, Leonard obtained an NBA championship in 2014, where he was nominated as the Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP). Following the next seven terms with the Spurs, Leonard was swapped to the Toronto Raptors in 2018. In 2019, he directed the Raptors to their first NBA championship in license history and obtained his second Finals MVP prize. He finally traveled all the way to his hometown of Los Angeles and contracted with the Clippers as an independent operator in July 2019.
Kawhi Leonard Statistics
- Born: June 29, 1991
- Country: Los Angeles, California
- Nationality: American
- Listed height: 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)
- Listed weight: 225 lb (102 kg)
- 2011–2018: San Antonio Spurs
- 2018–2019: Toronto Raptors
- 2019–present: Los Angeles Clippers
Kawhi Leonard Awards and Accomplishments
Leonard has been credited with being a four-time All-Star with two All-NBA First Team selections. He is also nicknamed as the “Claw,” or “Klaw,” for his ball-hawking skills, he has gained six All-Defensive Team picks and obtained the Defensive Player of the Year honors in the years, 2015 and 2016. Here are his lifetime accomplishments:
- 2× NBA champion (2014, 2019)
- 2× NBA Finals MVP (2014, 2019)
- 4× NBA All-Star (2016, 2017, 2019, 2020)
- NBA All-Star Game MVP (2020)
- 2× All-NBA First Team (2016, 2017)
- 2× All-NBA Second Team (2019, 2020)
- 2× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2015, 2016)
- 3× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2015–2017)
- 3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2014, 2019, 2020)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2012)
- NBA steals leader (2015)
- AP Athlete of the Year (2019)
- Consensus second-team All-American (2011)
- 2× First-team All-MWC (2010, 2011)
- No. 15 retired by San Diego State Aztecs
- California Mr. Basketball (2009)
Kawhi Leonard Workout Routine
Kawhi Anthony Leonard has been so proficient with what he does that he has become to be the league’s most amazing shooters and the kind who is feared by all from all over the floor no matter if it is off the dribble or on the catch. No more does he defends at the kind of levels which actually got him the honor of being a two-time Defensive Player of the Year, yet, he is still seldom powerful enough that he can turn a complete playoff series by just initiating to guard basketball’s hypothetical MVP.
Currently, Kawhi Anthony Leonard handles the point guard which is pretty deceptive and needs talent. He has the kind of wingspan that is normally reserved for the centers and his enormous hands are the material of a cross-cultural saga.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Kawhi Leonard Workout Routine
- The dumbbell bench press as a warm-up of 8 reps, 2 sets
- Twists of 10 reps, 2 sets
- Leg raise of 15-20 reps, 2 sets
- Dumbbell bench presses of 8 reps, 3 sets
- Dumbbell rows of 10 reps with each arm, 3 sets
- Alternating dumbbell curls of 5 reps with each arm, 2 sets
- Hammer curls of 5 reps with each arm, 2 sets
- Dumbbell shrugs of 22-25 reps, 2 sets
- Dumbbell front raise of 15 reps, 2 sets
- Shoulder presses of 10 reps, 3 sets
- Triceps pushdowns of 10 reps, 3 sets
Tuesday, Thursday Kawhi Leonard Workout Routine
- Bicycle crunches of 10-12 reps, 3 sets
- Planks withhold for 60 seconds, 3 sets
- Oblique crunches of 10-12 reps, 3 sets
- Russian twists f 12 reps, 3 sets
- Hanging leg raise of 10 reps, 3 sets
- Weighted sit-ups of 10-12 reps, 3 sets
- Lunges of 12 reps, 3 sets
- Leg raise of 20 reps, 2 sets
- Hamstring leg curls of 12 reps, 3 sets
- Barbell squats of 12 reps, 3 sets
- Inchworms of 10-12 reps, 3 sets
- V-ups of 12 reps, 3 sets
Saturday and Sunday Kawhi Leonard Workout Routine
That is all about Kawhi Anthony Leonard’s workout routine which he follows each day without a fail. No moving on to how he supports his strength by looking at the kind of diet plan he follows typically in a day.
Kawhi Leonard Diet Plan
Kawhi Anthony Leonard has carved a niche for himself with his absolutely stunning gaming skills and his fit, muscular, and jacked up physique. He is truly a fanatic when it comes to fitness and makes sure that he treats his body well. He has a balanced diet and even exercises regularly. He also makes sure that when he is in the gym, he is exercising pretty intensely.
He loves to lift some heavy irons while he is at his gym. He loves to do some amazing core and oblique exercises practically every single day. He also adores the leg day because he feels it is one of the most intense workouts.
In many of his interviews, Kawhi Anthony Leonard explains that his diet is pretty simple as he tries for it to be as easily available as it can be. In his words, “I just try to stay away from beef and pork. I’ll try to get something like grilled chicken or fish. Something like that with some vegetables,” Leonard told in an interview.
However, his diet has not always been as healthy as it is now. When he was in college, he had a pretty bad diet because he did not have enough money to buy good quality and organic food. When he joined the NBA, he realized that it needed to change obviously. However, this transition from being a college kid to being a pro athlete was pretty easy for Kawhi Anthony Leonard because his mom supported him with cooking his meals during the rookie year.
He explains the experience by saying, “It was actually pretty easy because I really didn’t enjoy eating fast food, especially as I got older,” Leonard said. “It just didn’t taste good to me. I’ve always liked home-cooked meals. And my mom moved to San Antonio my rookie year and would cook for me, so it was an easy transition.”
Kawhi Anthony Leonard Breakfast Meal
Kawhi Anthony Leonard’s breakfast meal usually consists of a protein source which is mainly eggs with some healthy and nutritious veggies like spinach, mushroom, basil, and garlic.
Kawhi Anthony Leonard Mid-morning Snack
Mid-morning snacks for Kawhi Anthony Leonard is pretty easy. He loves to snack on green smoothies which are made by using ingredients such as bananas, spinach, protein powder (his favorite is vanilla flavor), and avocado for some healthy fats.
Kawhi Anthony Leonard Lunch Meal
Kawhi Anthony Leonard is huge on meal prepping. Thus, he makes his salads on the weekend for his weekdays. The salads are usually from the leftover dishes. He loves to add quinoa and beetroot. There are days when he enjoys a Mexican bean salad or just simply roast some veggies.
Kawhi Anthony Leonard Afternoon Snack
If Kawhi Anthony Leonard still feels he need an evening snack, he munches on something healthy. His go-to option to eat is crudités or seaweed or roasted nuts/seeds.
Kawhi Anthony Leonard Dinner Meal
Kawhi Anthony Leonard has a great option for dinner which is some plant-based burgers along with some great sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli loaded with essential spices, and a huge bowl of salad.
That is pretty much what Kawhi Anthony Leonard eats in a day.
Professional athletes like Kawhi Anthony Leonard do not become top athletes only by an accident. In fact, they need a lot of time, dedication, and focus to reach where they are now. This includes paying a lot of attention to their health and fitness and what they eat. But this superstar who swears on alkaline water has a lot of tips to give when it comes to fitness.